Application information for trainees
Living in a student atmosphere

Training - the start of adult life! And we have the perfect accommodation for this in a student atmosphere, because the Studierendenwerk offers rooms for trainees: Your room is already equipped with furniture, and you don't have to worry about internet, water, electricity, heating and TV connection (cable). Cheap all-inclusive rent without additional costs!

What are the requirements
This is how you can stay with us

You can apply for a place in our residential facilities as a trainee under the following conditions:

  • You are completing training in Hamburg in a state-recognized training occupation or at a vocational school with student BAföG recognition (this also includes creative schools).
  • You are of age or will be in the near future.
  • You can provide a copy of your employment contract, an income tax return or a self-declaration of income and assets.
  • You submit the form "Information on income".

You can apply for a place to live via the Online-application-form (Trainees please select "Training company" in the "University" field).

To apply by mail/scan email for a housing place, please use this application form | Download (PDF) and send it signed either by mail or scan email to the contact person for trainees.

As part of the application process, we are required to verify income and assets (see form "Information on income" ). If you receive benefits under the German Housing Allowance Act (Wohngeldgesetz) or a supplement under §6a of the German Child Benefit Act (Bundeskindergeldgesetz), you must enclose proof of your income.

For the application process, it is important that both the "Information on income" form and all proofs of income and assets are additionally uploaded in the online application.

Tenant and Application Portal

You want to apply for a place in our residential complexes or are already a tenant with us? Then you are in the right place!