Vacancies at our day-care centres
We have some vacancies at our day-care centres. If interested, please contact your desired facility.
Day-care centre profiles and educational plans
The Studierendenwerk Hamburg has many years of experience in child day-care.
Educational specialists at all establishments look after children to assist families, giving them security and promoting well-rounded development.
- cater to the special needs of students and university staff in terms of both location and admission conditions.
- accept children all year round.
- are part of the day-care voucher system, and gear our work around the Hamburg educational recommendations.
- are members of the Qualitätsgemeinschaft Kita (day-care centre quality community) run by PARITÄTischer Hamburg (through the Studierendenwerk), and are certified under the PQ-Sys quality procedure.
- place emphasis on gentle familiarisation, and provide an environment of trust and security for your child thanks to reliable, qualified carers.
- consider parents to be the experts on their children, place emphasis on successful educational partnerships, and involve both children and parents when devising their services.
- see children as the main protagonists in their development, and seek to encourage and support this in the best way possible, encouraging self-education processes and providing educational stimuli.
- offer targeted pre-school work in accordance with the quality criteria implemented as part of the day-care centre bridging year (Kita-Brückenjahr).
- devise lively, exciting educational projects on topics of relevance to the future.
- share one common element in their extensive quality schemes – a healthy breakfast prepared by teachers and children. This and all other food comes predominantly from controlled organic and regional farming.
- have attractive outdoor areas with nature-based designs.
The day care centres focus on…
- developing social and emotional skills
- accompanying individual education processes and dealing with heterogeneity
- natural experiences and exercise
- parents and children participation
- diet and health
At all the facilities, educational specialists look after the children as extended family, giving them a sense of security and promoting their holistic development.